Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Snow in Bonita Springs??

Wednesday 12/2/15

Who says there is no snow in FL?   Bah humbug.  So what if it's fake snow.  One of my good friends here, Angela , and I attended the tree lighting in downtown Bonita Springs on Tuesday 12/1.  I had heard about this fake snow thing but I had to see it to believe it. 


Behind the spray of ice there were two guys loading bags of ice into a wood chipper.  You can see the stream of ice being directed into a gated area for kids to have ice snowball fights!


The place of ice snowballs as it was being streamed into this gated area.  The held the kids back until it was filled with enough ice.

Here are some other photos from the event.

It was like a carnival complete with lights.....and of course.....food

 My friend Angela covered in fake snow....which was soap bubbles being spit out of some type of blower machine.


The glasses had blinking lights.  I just happen to stand in front of a lighted tree and look at the effect. Too funny.  It looks like I am thinking and my head is smoking!



On Wednesday night , 12/2, the community where I live had their own tree lighting ceremony.  Here are some photos from that event.



The arrival of Mr. & Mrs. Claus...

Special guest.....

The Grinch himself.

I was able to get up close and personal with him!!







 This is what he gave out as a gift.  It was chocolate disguised as coal.   Read the tag....very cute.


And of course....the Claus's as well.





I got a solid chocolate Santa from them.   Yummy.

It's been a lot of fun these past few days.  Getting in the Christmas spirit.......are you?



No comments:

Post a Comment