Friday, February 12, 2016

A Get Together in Florida

February 10, 2016

Bob W and his wife, Pat, invited the SW Florida gang ( the visitors too that are here riding for a few months) to a get together.....complete with a yummy dinner....at their home on Tuesday.   Smiling faces included Dennis W and his wife Marion and a visiting friend from NJ, Al P and his wife Marion, Bruce K and Diane, Bob S and his wife Meg and of course myself.  Thank you to Bob W and Pat for inviting the gang and hosting such a nice dinner.


Driving home I asked myself why I am in Florida when there are so many great and wonderful riding and non-riding spouses in NJ.   Sigh.....I was sad thinking about when they will leave but I know this was the right decision for me to move to a warmer, more affordable state.  Thank goodness I have Bob W and Bob S who are now residents and within a reasonable distance so that we can get together and ride.  Bob S and Meg will be gone for the summer wanderlusting around the northeast but I know they will be back after the summer ends.

It makes me proud to be part of such a wonderful inclusive group whose favorite past time is getting together and eating!  Dennis's wife and I got to chatting and I mentioned I might come back to NJ for a visit.  She very graciously offered to host the girls and I for part of that time.  That was certainly so kind and gracious of her to offer.  Maybe that means another trip back to NJ for some of the summer.  Too early to tell right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment