Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The BBC Ride to Ave Maria

Wednesday April 27th, 2016

It was a beautiful morning for a ride to Ave Maria with the winds light and in the right direction so that we would have a tailwind on the way home.

What is the BBC ride??  It's the Bob S, Bob W and the Cheryl ride.  It's just that simple!  Where and what is Ave Maria?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Maria,_Florida

We talked about going to Ave Maria....or at least Bob W....for some time now....but for some reason we were not able to actually do the ride until today.  It's in the middle of nowhere but there are enough conveniences...aka....a coffee shop with a public bathroom..... to make the trip worthwhile. We ended up with a 41 mile ride and we were back to the ride start by 11:15 AM.  In Florida that's important as the season gets closer to the summer.  Days have been getting hotter earlier which causes the rides to start and finish earlier.

Bob S on the right and Bob W on the left

 The coffee shop in Ave Maria.  Every town I have ever cycled to has a coffee shop!

Perpetual Headwinds would have like this bakery case.  Why??  There are muffins in it!!

Every college town has a pub


and of course....the church. With a name like Ave Maria one has to expect to see a church within it's borders.  Bob S and I agree it is the ugliest church we have seen in our travels. 

Across the street from the church is Ave Maria University.  I learned today from Bob W that the law school is not located in town but closer to Naples on Immokalee Road. 

Bob W is getting ready to do his birthday ride later this summer and I will accompany him in his endeavor so he and I need to get some longer saddle time in before the ride.   Look for longer rides blog posts as the summer progresses.




1 comment:

  1. That is really tough. I think I was really lucky with my law school and I don’t think that I would have had so much fun and studying done anywhere else. Right now I’m in the middle of my Bar Exam Prep and hopefully by this time next year, I’ll be one of the good guys. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete