Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The NJ Edition of the FL Flatlander

Wednesday June 17th

I am back in NJ for the summer and riding again with TSS ( Team Social Security) group of the Princeton Freewheelers.   This group is a great group to ride with on the roads of NJ. 

SoWeFlo (Southwest Florida Cyclists) meet your counterparts in NJ. 



These are just some of the people I rode with today.  Dennis, our fearless ride leader, is in the first photo in the center in the red while and blue jersey.  Thank you, Dennis, for all you do!!

Here is my ride in NJ.


Seabiscuit is her name and she was glad to see me after almost 10 months of us riding together last.
She is a little heavier than Jersey Girl but she is an important part of my bicycle family.  This is my beater bike that I purchased from John Powers.

We started the ride from Allentown, NJ and rode on the country roads surrounding that area.   There is a peace that comes over me when I ride these roads even though they have taken a beating from the winter and have a lot more hills than the Florida roads.

Here is where our rest stop was today.

This deli has moved to a new location.....now in Imlaystown....and is three times the size of the previous store and even includes a coffee bar.   My kind of place.  It's definitely a good place to stop so ride leaders take note of this hidden gem.

We ended the ride with 32 miles and lots of smiling faces.   Maybe they were smiling because it was such a beautiful day here in NJ.....or that they finished the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment