Thursday, July 23, 2015

More Ox, The Bike Shop and Grounds for Sculpture

Thursday July 23rd

It's been a busy few weeks and I am little behind in my blog posts so I will combine the events of the past few weeks.  Thank you Carol for the reminder!

I was on the Sourland Spectacular on Bob's Smith's usual Thursday ride and I found some more ox along the way.




My friend Marilyn did some additional investigating and found a map of the location of all 68 ox.  



While we were at the rest stop Bob went to visit Sourland Cycles.  This is what I saw outside.  Very ingenious!!!


This vending machine even takes credit cards and has a floor pump securely attached to the machine.


Later in the week on Thursday my friend Andy took me to the Grounds for Sculpture for a "Country Howdown" buf fet which included a walk around the grounds.  For my Southwest Florida friends...here is a link describing the Grounds For Sculpture (GFS)


 http://www.groundsforsculpture.org/



This is one of the many we saw along our walk.


I know you all know who this is!!

We also see some live creatures running around the grounds.


There were at least three or four of the peacocks we saw that night.

It's been a great visit so far and I will continue to blog about interesting things.....besides cycling....that I encounter during my visit here in NJ.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment