Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Little Serotta that Could

Wednesday January 7th

Well the rides are getting faster.  There are a lot of new faces on the Wednesday ride and the group is getting larger.  I got miserably dropped in the last seven miles and in a headwind!  My little Serotta didn't fail me and I made it back safely but way behind the group. My little Serotta helped me to finish the ride along with lots of perseverance!

On that note, I have asked the PFW board for permission to lead rides ( probably only three months out of the year when the NJ Team Social Security visits for the winter) out of SW Florida.  I was only toying with the idea after Dennis, Bob Smith, Bruce Kischner and I talked about it when we rode together on Monday on our first SW Florida ride.   Never thought that the board would approve it.  So here we are.....a SW Florida contingent on PFW.  Do I get to add -SW to my PFW jersey if I even earn one this year?

I will be leading rides on Mondays and Thursdays in February and March but am giving serious consideration to changing Thursday to Wednesday so I don't endure the pain of getting regularly dropped with the fast boys from the Wednesday TREK store group.

No comments:

Post a Comment