Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Fallen Hero's Ride

Saturday February 28th

The group that rides from TREK Naples was interested in doing this ride.  After the last charity ride I did which was supported so badly I was leary.  However, I have to say this was a well organized, well run ride with the right rest stop food and a nice lunch afterwards.  Approximately 200 riders did the ride.

This ride honored deceased police, firefighters and EMT's that died in the line of duty.  They played the bagpipes before the event began which added a nice touch.   Here is the route.


I even got a T-shirt that was made out of wicking material!



We did the 42 mile route and ended up with a 17.6 mph average.  The route was on quieter roads and I can honestly say I felt safe the entire ride. 

Here are some of the riders in our group at the rest stop.

Denine

John

Joe B on the left and Bob King on the right

Jeff on the left and John O'Bryan who organized our group on the right

The weather held out as there was a possibility of rain that didn't happen.  There was a nice lunch which consisted of wings, pizza and turkey wraps. 

I would do this ride again without hesitation!   Thank you John O'Bryan for putting the team together!






No comments:

Post a Comment