Monday, March 30, 2015

Thursday 3/27 ride to Naples

Thursday March 26th

This ride left from Naples Cyclery as usual and as usual Matt was late.  Too funny.  I am getting to expect him to be late for the start of the ride.   He is worth waiting for, though.  I also had a NJ visitor, Marty Killmer,  staying with me and I was able to rent a bike so that he could join the gang. 

The attendees were Marty, Bob Wood, Matt and myself.  I like those stats....3 guys and 1 gal.  I felt very protected.  In fact, Marty and Matt are both retired police officers so they had lots to talk about. 

We stopped at Naples Pier so that Marty could walk the pier and see the Gulf of Mexico.  He and Matt and Bob saw dolphins swimming around the pier.  It piqued my interest so when they got back I hurried down the pier to catch a glimpse of them.  I did see one but he was fast and I was not able to get a photo.  However I did get a photo of this.

It's a pelican.  Lots of them here.

One more photo at the pier.

Familiar faces, aren't they?  Matt on the left, Bob Wood in the center and Marty on the right. 

We rode to the end of Port Royale on Gordon Ave and returned via the fingers of Port Royale so that we could show Marty some of the stunning houses.

We stopped at Bad Ass Coffee.  Always something to see there.

My new car.....a Rolls Royce.   I keep getting it mixed up with a Bentley!

Very nice.


We ended with 32 miles and a very nice tailwind home.  The temps were in the 80's by the time we finished so it was just the right time to be finished.




No comments:

Post a Comment