Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Attack

Friday October 12, 2014

So much for Another Day in Paradise!  It was early on Friday morning that I decided to do a short ride before the service people came to fix some issues with the house at 11 AM.  Of course that includes a short morning walk with Cindy and Tracey before I can get out at sunrise and back within two hours.

The girls are always cooperative and excited to go for a walk anytime.  We headed across the street and along one of the man made lakes and then circled back towards home.  As we approached the street I saw a man riding a three wheel bike with his dog running next to him.  In an instant that dog was running across the street towards us. It was a total surprise!  I didn't know what kind of dog it was but I think it was some kind of bull dog.  It came up to Cindy, sniffed her nose, then her behind and then began to attack.  Boy was I surprised.  This dog had Cindy pinned and I was trying to kick her off of Cindy with my feet in sandals.  I thought it would be better for me to get bit than Cindy as this dog was going right for Cndy's head area.  I was screaming as loud as I could and the owner came running up as I was able to get Cindy out from under the pin of his female dog.  You could only imagine the words that were coming out of my mouth at both the dog and the owner.  It wasn't pretty that's for sure.  The owner said it was the first time she had ever done that.  Not sure I believe that.

When all was said and done, Cindy was ok and not bite marks on her.  On the other hand, my pinky was sliced from the lead.  It was not enough for stitches...or so I think...and is still in the healing process. 

I did get that morning ride in but I was pretty shook up.  The ride was a 27 mile solo ride just to clear my head and settle my nerves. 

It could have been a lot worse so I am glad that I was the only one injured.  Another day in paradise was not to be....at least for this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment