Friday, October 3, 2014

The Get Together

September 30, 2014

The neighbors wanted to get together for drinks and snacks.  It had rained during the afternoon so I didn't think it would happen....nor did I feel like sitting out in humid weather( since it doesn't seem to cool off after the rain)  so that the mosquitoes could eat me alive.  However, about 6 PM my neighbor Jen and one of her daughters, Bella,came to my front door and convinced me to join the festivities. 

I met one of the neighbors who has been here a few years and just came back for the winter, Tim, and learned about all the maintenance I am going to have to do this fall and winter when I am here in Florida.   The first thing is sealing the pavers due to mold growing between the cracks because of moisture.  OMG.  Really?  Am I ready to be a FL homeowner?  Wouldn't it be easier to go back to NJ without all the humidity, the gekko's and other creepy crawly things and not have to do all this stuff?  Once the winter hits I will be glad that I stayed here!

It was about 9 PM and I was getting ready to say goodbye and I was urged to stay put.   Really??? I just wanted to go back into the air conditioning and count the number of new mosquito bites I had from sitting out there as long as I did.  However, I did stay and out came a surprise cheesecake covered with whipped cream mini cupcakes and candles.    The neighbors wanted to celebrate my birthday even though the actual birthday had gone by.   How sweet was that!  I have only been here six weeks and already I feel like I belong and picked the right neighborhood!  The fan on the lanai that Marci had going helped me by blowing out the candles but Marci and the rest of the neighbors made sure that the candles were re-lit and I had a chance to blow them out....for real.

How sweet they are....both the cupcakes and the neighbors

No comments:

Post a Comment