Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The First and the Last

February 25th  2015

 Here's the proof......Newell at the Bad Ass Coffee rest stop


The first ride for Newell Benedict and the last one ( with me at least) for Dennis.  Newell arrived on Monday to spend a few days on the west coast with Dennis before heading further up north to visit other friends near Sarasota.  As for Dennis this was our last ride together until the summer when I hope to be in NJ for an extended stay.

The ride started out a bit foggy but as usual the fog burned off quickly.  We headed to Naples for a ride around the Port Royale section and to give Newell a finger ( not the middle one) or two.  Dennis ran into a few insurance colleagues at the coffee shop.  What a small world!

Dennis's colleague took this photo.

Some sites I noticed this time at the coffee shop


They certainly have everything at this shop.

One last photo from our ride today.

This is printed on the outside of the cup of every cup of coffee served.
'
We had a nice tailwind home and arrived quickly back to the ride start.  I convinced Dennis and Newell to come to the house to see it and to have a snack and a drink before heading home ( to pulled pork I might add)   Dennis voice sounded very happy every time he spoke about that pulled pork that was waiting for Newell and him for lunch so I very much appreciated that they took a detour to my home.

It has been great riding with TSS ( Team Social Security....or at least a part of it!) for this past month and half.  Bob Smith, Dennis Whitney, Bruce Kirschner, Al Porter,and Newell are just a few of the riders from TSS. They have truly made my move and transition from NJ to Florida much easier to handle.  Familiar faces always are a welcome site ......at least for me.

I wish those who are traveling back to NJ a safe journey.   I look forward to riding with you this summer in NJ and later this year or early next year in sunny SW Florida.



No comments:

Post a Comment