Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Carversville Ride and the Garden of Reflection

Saturday 6/11

Blake W, Nevada and I decided to ride in Bucks County for some hill climbing.  Bucks County has such beautiful scenery that I would never say no to a ride even if it is a bit more painful than riding the NJ hills.


One of the many stone houses that can be found along the country roads

I fell while climbing shortly after I took this photo.  Turns out that the drop out was bent and needed to be bent back into position.  Thanks for Pete at Hart's Cyclery who was able to correct that problem.  Thank goodness the fall was nothing serious as I was going slow while climbing but with two falls in three days the right side of my body is sore.  Sunday would be a travel day for me off the bike and I was glad for that.

Of course when you ride in Bucks County the rest stop is most often the Carversville General Store

 Jack from Central Bucks Cycling Club was nice enough to take this photo.  I met a lot of familiar faces including some Anchor House riders in training for the upcoming ride in July.  Seems I always run into someone from the past at the rest stop!

A convenient bike rack located along side of the store.  Of course, the gang getting ready to take a break after hanging up their bikes.

On the way back we stopped at the Garden of Reflection which is located on Woodside Road in Yardley.

http://www.visitbuckscounty.com/listings/9-11-Memorial-Garden-of-Reflection/733/


It was a place that brought back lots of memories of that fateful day.


 A piece of one of the World Trade Center buildings

A memorial to those who lost their lives

This place has stuck in my head for most of the last two days.  As I headed to Cape Cod this morning to visit my snowbird neighbors from FL who have a home there, I passed the NY skyline and the World Trade Center is of course gone.  It doesn't seem right and with the events of today in my now home state of Florida it just makes me realize how much the world has changed.....and not for the better.  May those who lost their lives on Saturday in the Orlando tragedy rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment