Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Neuse River Greenway Trail

Sunday June 26th

On a beautiful North Carolina sunny afternoon my sister and I decided to ride mountain bikes on the Neuse River Greenway trail.  She has a mountain bike and I rented from  "The Bike Guy" bike shop that can be found at the greenway entrance on Old Falls of the Neuse Road

Here is the link in case you are in the area and want to rent a bike.

http://thebikeguyonthegreenway.com/

Some photos that I took of the shop



 The service was friendly and the cost reasonable for a half day or full day rental.   Since the trail is 27.5 miles long I decided to rent for a half day which was all the time the bike shop was open on Sunday ( 1-5 pm)

Here is some information on the Neuse River Greenway Trail

https://www.raleighnc.gov/parks/content/ParksRec/Articles/Greenways/NeuseRiverTrail.html



My sister took this shot of me and the rental bike

The rest of the photos are some sights I saw on this Sunday ride

 Some kayakers on the river.  This is a multi-sport area

 A view from the trail.  The trail often surrounds housing developments.


A couple and their dog enjoying a swim in the river to cool off.   You may have to enlarge the photo to see them.

I highly recommend you try this trail if you are in the Wake Forest, NC area.




On a separate note.....the first photo below is a ceramic frog that my sister made ( in a yellow polka dot bikini....with a large hanging bell.   Too cute!!

The photo above was made by my sister's neighbor.  Can you guess what it is made of??  The answer........

Potting Plants.....ingenious!  Amazing what artists can create!


No comments:

Post a Comment