Friday, June 17, 2016

The Shining Sea Bikeway Ride

Friday  6/17

I had planned to ride the Shining Sea Bikeway on Friday to test out the beater bike and to make sure I had enough in me for a ride on Sunday with the Cape Cod Cycling Club.  It was a successful ride so I will attempt to ride with the club on Sunday.

It was another nice surprise.  The rails to trails bikeway went through marshland, the Atlantic Ocean coastline and ended at the Steamship Authority parking lot where people park to take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard.  The trail goes in opposite directions and when all is said and done you can rack up almost 22 miles.   I added a little extra by visiting the lighthouse.  Here are the photos from another beautiful ride in the Cape.

 Nobska Lighthouse

 The house behind the lighthouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobska_Light


 In the distance you can see the Martha's Vineyard ferry bringing passengers back to the Steamship Authority parking lot in Woods Hole.

It was a great ride.  It got cold near when I was riding near the Atlantic Ocean portion of the trail. It apparently didn't bother another cyclist.  He decided to take a swim.  Unfortunately I didn't get a photo of him.  It makes me cold just thinking about that water temperature.  Bravery only goes so far and venturing out on the trail solo was all that I had in me for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment