Thursday, September 11, 2014

I decided to start a blog of my adventures in Florida since moving here in August.   It will be mostly about cycling but will also contain my exploration of what Florida has to offer to a new resident!   Photos will not be part of the early blog......although I might add some later as I get more experienced with this blog thing!

I rode with Al Lowich a few times when I first arrived here in mid August as he unselfishly gave of his riding time in NJ to help me and my two doggie girls....Cindy and Tracey.....move to my new home in Bonita Springs, FL.

We explored the neighborhood by bike since there is a 4.3 mile road that circles the development.   That adds up to a bunch a miles for a great warm up before going out on the main roads which can be busy.  We started at daybreak at 7 AM to beat the heat and were off the road by 10 AM by the latest.  The most we could do was about 45 miles although it was Al who rode that amount and I rode about 40 miles.  I had enough of the heat by 10 AM.

Roads are in great shape here with no potholes and cracks due to the mild winters.  There are bike lanes on many of the roads which make it easy to cycle at a good pace.  The only thing that is worry some is the traffic.  Florida is the worst state in the US for cyclists.  Enough said on that subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment