Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Swimming in the Lap Pool

September 16, 2014

I thought I would try my luck at swimming today.  I had wanted to go to the beach today but I had too many things at home to do.  I signed up for a yacht sunset cruise out of Naples on Sunday so I thought it best to be prepared in case the yacht sank or I fell over the side!  The boat sails around the Gulf of Mexico to Port Royal....home of the 1% of the rich population of this country.  I will be sure to have photos of those homes.

So back to my swimming....I mean attempt at swimming....laps in the pool.  My goal was only four laps.  I thought to myself... "How hard can that be?"  The answer...."Very hard!"  I made a half lap and I was gasping for air.  So I though....How do the fish do it?  How do they swim underwater and breath.   However since there are no fish in the pool to consult I decided that I better look for some swim lessons or otherwise I am gonna be fish bait!

I did finish four laps but it wasn't easy.   I now have a new respect for swimmers in Triathalon events
and for anyone that can swim!

Another Day in Paradise.  A DIP.   Look for the reference in future blog posts.


Scene of the Crime

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl is going to come back to NJ for a visit, and when she does, she will kick our asses.

    ReplyDelete