Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Birthday

September 26, 2014

Well I knew it was coming.   Another year older.   What did I do with the day?  I talked with lots of friends and family who called to wish me a happy birthday.  Cards from various people started coming in on Wednesday and I was so happy to receive all cards and the calls.  Lots of posts on Facebook too wishing me a nice day.    My friend Mary even sent flowers.  She knows how much I love flowers so it helped to make the day even more special!  I miss being home with everyone.

What did I do with the day?  My brother and sister law wanted to take me out to dinner so I graciously accepted their invitation for a 6 PM dinner.  For the rest of the day I decided to put my new patio set together.  The is the first time I have every done something like this.

I got all the legs on the chairs assembled on all four chairs only to realize I had the legs on the wrong side.  Ugh.....  Unassemble and re-assemble. 

It took me about 1.5 hours to finish the four chairs and I had enough of the patio   Here's what done so far.


I still have the table to put together but that's for another day.  

I met my brother and sister in law at the Clam Bake in South Fort Myers for New England style seafood.  It was yummy.  I hadn't seen them since July when I stayed with them overnight in Ocean City.  It was good to catch up and now I have a family support network here.   Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment